We are now recruiting for a part time Speech & Language Therapist position in Cork working with adults with developmental disorders and/ or intellectual disability. This position is 12 hours/ month. Flexible working appropriate.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
• Plan and organise individual and group caseloads, to include assessment, goal setting and intervention with a range of disabilities including physical, sensory, learning disabilities, developmental delay and autism.
• Examine and diagnose the client’s speech therapy requirements drawing up communication programmes.
• Participate in the assessment and treatment of swallowing disorders (dysphagia) provided they have the appropriate training and post-graduate coursework completed.
• Work with other health professionals such as Nurses, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, GP’s etc and participate in monthly MDT meetings.
• Liaise and communicate with clients’ families and other relevant parties
• Maintaining up to-date notes to include client symptoms, treatments and progress
• Participate and be involved in in-service professional development programmes and training as required.
• Participate in the service Annual Performance Review System.
The person should possess the following skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good practical skills
• Ability to work in a team
• An inquiring and creative mind
• Experience in providing Speech and Language Therapy to adults with intellectual disability
• Degree qualified
• CORU registered
• Membership of the IASLT
• Minimum 1 years’ experience working as an Speech and Language Therapist in the public or private healthcare sectors
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact Conan Lang Clinical Manager .
CORU, IASLT, INSURANCE, PART TIME
Please send your CV to Mary Fleming at Healthcare Direct firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively contact our office on 1850-749746