Permanent Occupational Therapist – HealthcareDirect – Dublin
HealthcareDirect are currently looking to employ a Full-Time Occupational Therapist to join our team. In this role you will be based in Dublin and you will be working in nursing homes settings which include Reablement services. You will work in a fully supported environment lead by our Multidisciplinary Therapy Clinical Manager, and Occupational Therapy Clinical Leads, and be given the opportunity to work autonomously in the private healthcare sector. Salary is commensurate with experience. If you feel that you are the right person for the role we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Deliver a comprehensive Occupational Therapy service to Adults and Older Adults consisting of physical, sensory and cognitive assessment and intervention
- Devise and carry out appropriate assessments e.g. seating, hoist & slings, functional and meaningful activities of daily living Assist individuals in becoming independent following physical, social, emotional and mental-health difficulties
- Work with other Healthcare Professionals such as Nurses, Social Worker, Speech &Language Therapists, Physiotherapists etc
- Liaise with patients’ families and other relevant agencies Active engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) e.g. Staff Training Days
Characteristics we value:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Problem –solving approach
- Experience in providing Occupational Therapy intervention to the adult population
- Experience in rehabilitation is a bonus
- Degree qualified
- CORU registration
- Membership of the AOTI
- Full driver’s license and access to a car
- Private Indemnity Insurance
Healthcare Direct fully believes in supporting its staff members and supporting employees with Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The post-holder would benefit from:
- Full professional clinical support and supervision from our dedicated Clinical Management Team.
- Extensive support from the wider Operations Management Team.
- In-house training to support you in your role with potential career progression in the areas of Occupational Therapy.
- Support in attending external CPD courses relevant to the post.
Please send your CV to Emer Deasy: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 061 47 46 43